General Information & Rental Rates
800-A W. Branch St., Arroyo Grande, CA 93420 — (805) 489-1488
Please read through all of the rate information provided below. Once you have decided to book your event, the building coordinator will give you a complete estimate. All payments and permits are required 60 days before your event.
up to 300
up to 300
up to 30
up to 30
up to 12
- Includes use of Main Hall, Garden Room and lobby from 10am-12 midnight
- 14 consecutive hours of use (includes decoration & clean up time)
- Extra time can be purchased at an hourly rate of $120 per hour before midnight and $300 per hour after midnight
- Includes use of tables, chairs, kitchen area, stage, sound system, covered BBQ
*Note – Only one booking per Saturday
Flat Rate with Alcohol : $1800
Flat Rate without Alcohol: $1500
Cleaning Deposit: $500
All special events require a $500 cleaning deposit and a completed application to hold the date. This is refundable amount after the event if no damages/extra charges apply. No date is guaranteed until the contract is in place and deposit is paid. High risk/ high foot traffic events are subject to a higher deposit. Cancellations will forfeit 1/2 of the deposit if within 90 days the scheduled event.
Security Guards: $30 per guard per hour +$50 processing fee
Security guards are contracted through the Chamber. The number of guards is determined by the AG Police Department on the Public Health and Safety Permit (see below). They must be present from the time the alcohol is served until the very last person exits the facility.
Special Event Insurance:
Insurance is required for all events. Proof of general liability ($1,000,000) and liquor liability must be obtained listing the Arroyo Grande Chamber of Commerce as “additional insured” for the day of the event. Insurance is available through the Chamber for a fee, or it can be obtained through your Homeowners Insurance Policy.
Public Health and Safety permit:
A Public Health and Safety permit must be filed with the Arroyo Grande Police Department, 200 North Halcyon Road, Arroyo Grande. A photo copy is needed to complete your rental contract. Fees may apply. Contact AGPD at (805) 473-5100 for pricing and questions.
**Total event cost is approximately $3500 but can vary based on type of event. For questions, please contact building coordinator.
Alcohol at High Risk Events:
For high risk events including birthday parties for minors or baptisms where alcohol is being served, the Chamber reserves the right to put the following restrictions into place:
- Alcohol service will be limited to the foyer of the building. No alcohol will be allowed in the main hall, outside, in the kitchen or bathroom areas. (except by special permission from the Chamber/SCRC)
- Those over 21 years of age must present picture identification (driver’s license) to security who will issue them a wristband.
- A bartender must serve the alcohol. A professional bartender is required at high risk events where hard alcohol is being served. The bartender must be willing to stop serving any guest who has clearly had too much to drink or who security points out as having had too much to drink.
- Security will be present in the foyer to ensure guests do not take alcohol into restricted areas.
- Any guest attempting to serve a minor or someone without a wristband will be asked to leave.
- Alcohol found in restricted areas will be confiscated by security and held at the bar area in the foyer for pick up as the guest leaves.
- Any guest becoming verbally or physically abusive will be asked to leave.
ABC Permit Links:
List of Recommended Vendors:
Please mention that the Arroyo Grande & Grover Beach Chamber of Commerce recommended their services to you.
ALEX’S BBQ RESTAURANT & CATERING
853 Shell Beach Rd., Shell Beach, 773-5656
GIUSEPPE’S CUCINA ITALIANA & CATERING
891 Price St., Pismo Beach, 773-2870
967 Huber St., Grover Beach, 489-3869
TESTA CATERING & BISTRO
750 E. Main, Santa Maria, 925-4438
CAKE & SPECIALY DESSERTS
KK’S GOURMET BUNDT CAKES
1139 East Grand Ave. Arroyo Grande, 489-2600
DOC BURNSTEIN’S ICE CREAM
114 W. Branch St., Arroyo Grande, 474-4068
LAETITIA VINEYARD & WINERY
453 Laetitia Vineyard Drive, Arroyo Grande, 481-1772
3031 Lopez Drive Arroyo Grande, 489-0446
PHANTOM RIVERS WINERY
211 E. Branch St. Arroyo Grande, 481-9463
PRINTING, FLOWERS, INVITATIONS
BURDINE PRINTING & GRAPHICS
1040 E. Grand Ave., Arroyo Grande, 489-4910
THE GRAND BOUQUET FLORIST
1355 E. Grand Ave., Arroyo Grande, 489-4891
110 ½ E. Branch St., Arroyo Grande, 489-1162
Disc Jockeys, Live Music, etc. (805) 202-2020
THE MUD SKIPPERS
THE QUIET KNIGHTS
244 Lincoln St., San Luis Obispo, (805) 543-9393
CENTRAL COAST CELEBRATION CHORUS
DECORATIONS & MORE
PISMO BEACH PARTY AND COSTUME
HAIR & MAKEUP
HAIR SALOON & SPA
135 Bridge St. #A, Arroyo Grande, 489-8884
CENTER FOR CREATIVE THOUGHT
1580 Railroad St. Oceano, 541-1971
HAVE OUT-OF-TOWN GUESTS?
TRY ANY OF THESE HOTELS…
HILTON GARDEN INN OF PISMO BEACH
601 James Way, Pismo Beach, 773-6020
SEACREST OCEANFRONT HOTEL
2241 Price St. Pismo Beach, 773-4608
SEA VENTURE RESORT
100 Ocean View Ave., Pismo Beach, 773-4994
EDGEWATER INN & SUITES
280 Wadsworth, Pismo Beach, 773-4811
DOLPHIN BAY RESORT & SPA
2727 Shell Beach Rd., Pismo Beach, 773-4300
GRAND AVENUE MOTEL
617 E. Grand Ave., Arroyo Grande, 489-5633
HAMPTON INN & SUITES
1400 W. Branch St., Arroyo Grande, 202-2110
651 Five Cities Dr., Pismo Beach, 773-3773 x510
611 El Camino Real, Arroyo Grande, 489-9300
212 Miller Way Arroyo Grande, 489-6006
543 Five Cities Drive, Pismo Beach, 556-0214